’19 Kids and Counting’ Star Jim Bob Duggar Announces Run for Arkansas State Senate

by Courtney Blackann
19-kids-counting-jim-bob-duggar-announces-run-arkansas-state-senate

“19 Kids and Counting” star Jim Bob Duggar announced Friday his run for the Arkansas state senate. The TV star shared a post on Facebook about his bid to run. Driven by a need to examine the state’s “foundational principles,” Duggar believes he has the knowledge and leadership to be successful.

Further, the star emphasized representing his “lifelong home” would be an honor.

“It’s where my wife Michelle and I have raised our 20 children – It’s where we’ve grown our small businesses. It’s where we’ve built a life centered around our faith, family and friends. Our family has been blessed by God in so many ways. We’ve found His love and goodness to be our source of strength in both our most joyous occasions and our darkest moments. It’s important to us to give back and to help others in every way we can,” Duggar said in his statement.

Additionally, the “19 Kids and Counting” personality said he believes in today’s political climate, there needs to be stronger leadership to protect “constitutional liberties,” per Fox News.

“Now more than ever, we need a bold voice that is pro-family, pro-business, pro-gun and pro-life,” Duggar added. “It’s time for conservatives to demand courageous leadership that puts Arkansas families, jobs and our constitutional liberties first. I look forward to being your voice in the Arkansas state Senate.”

While Duggar sat in the Arkansas House of Representatives previously, Bill Pritchard ousted him in 2002. In addition, his run for the senate won’t be without scrutiny.

“19 Kids and Counting” Star Makes Statement Following Scandal

The “19 Kids and Counting” star’s son was recently indicted on charges of downloading and possessing child pornography in 2019. Though he was released on bond, he could face up to 20 years in prison and/or a fine of $250,000 for each charge. His trial will take place on Nov. 30.

Further, amid the scandal, Jim Bob Duggar’s show “Counting On” became a thing of the past. The show would not be returning for another season. Both he and his wife, Michelle, shared a statement about the news.

“It is hard to believe that more than 17 years have passed. Since we were first contacted by a production company wanting to do a one-hour documentary about the logistics of raising 14 children. Our family has grown (and grown-up!) before our eyes and on national television. And the journey has been miraculous—following God is an exciting adventure!” they wrote on their website.

The couple did not address the charges or their son following the announcement. However, they did thank the TLC Network for the time they were able to share their family.

“Over the years, some of our most treasured moments have been those when we met children across the country. Who are alive today because of our testimony that children are a blessing—a special gift from God. And that the only real hope for individuals and families is a close relationship with Jesus Christ,” they continued.

Outsider.com