After the Magnolia Network pulled the plug on “Home Work,” its stars responded to accusations of scamming clients, among other issues.
On Wednesday, the couple’s show aired on Chip and Joanna Gaines’s Magnolia Network, but the “Home Work” show was off the air by Friday.
People magazine reported that several clients accused stars Andy and Candis Meredith of multiple issues. The couple responded in an Instagram post on Friday.
Several Former Clients Not Happy With Couple
The “Home Work” couple spoke out after reports of broken promises, busted budgets, and shoddy artistry trickled out this week.
“We’ve seen stories that has [sic] been circulating, and although we cannot speak for anyone but ourselves, we can say that we have always tried to give everything we have to make anyone we work with happy,” the pair said on Instagram.
One homeowner, Aubry Bennion, has voiced her issues in an 18-part Instagram posting on the “Home Work” show. Bennion said what started as a good experience turned into something else. She said the couple’s work was not what she had anticipated and claimed the show was not transparent about the issues during the poor experience.
The “Home Work” show followed the Utah couple as they worked to make a 20,000 square-foot schoolhouse and turn it into a home for a family of nine. They also worked on room makeovers.
The couple said “there are two sides to every story” and chose not to go public with their “truth.” They also understood “that only hearing one side can paint a negative picture.”
The show statement also urged people to stop with the “threats and piling on without the full story” and that they “hurt” more people than just the couple.
The Merediths added that “so many believe that we are frauds have hurt people intentionally, and that we are not who we say we are. That is simply not true.”
Two Homeowners Not Happy With ‘Home Work’
People noted that two homeowners and a real estate agent have gone public over their complaints with the couple over the past few days. They’ve told of shoddy or incomplete work and unsafe conditions. They also pointed out ballooning budgets and timelines. Finally, they faulted a lack of communication from the “Home Work” couple.
The show’s network also responded to these charges.
Magnolia Network president Allison Page’s statement to People talked about learning “additional information” about the issues on the couple’s show. Page added that her network decided to remove the show from the lineup until a complete review of the claims.
The “Home Work” show began on the Discovery+ streaming service in July of last year when the Magnolia Network launched. Currently, fans cannot watch any “Home Work” episodes on the app.