The American Idol crew is getting ready to go around the country in search of their next star. Luke Bryan and his fellow judges are beginning auditions. Bryan is joined by hosts Katy Perry and Lionel Richie. As they go across the country looking for their next winner, take a look at the schedule. Perhaps you or someone you know wants to audition.
The beginning of the audition tour starts in the South and Midwest. Luke Bryan might find his next country music star at one of these early locations. The new season will be the 20th for the series. While they have come a long way from Randy, Simon, and Paula, the show remains popular. After a rough patch of rotating judges, the current trio seems to be a winning combo.
The dates for upcoming auditions are as follows:
- Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina: August 6th
- Connecticut, New Jersey, New York: August 8th
- Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas: August 11th
- Florida, Michigan, Virginia, West Virginia: August 13th
- Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi: August 16th
- Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee: August 18th
- Alaska, California, Hawaii, Nevada: August 21st
- Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming: August 23rd
- (Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin: August 25th
- Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah: August 31st
- Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont: September 2nd
- Delaware, Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C.: September 8th
‘American Idol’ Season 20 Auditions
Since this is the 20th season of American Idol you can expect a big turnout. Executive producer Megan Wolflick is excited ahead of the new season. Recently she released a statement saying, “We couldn’t be more ecstatic that they [the hosts] are returning for this iconic 20th season in search of the freshest new talent that this nation has to offer.”
Before the onslaught of talent and singing shows on television, American Idol was the standard. With a panel of judges, all with different personalities, and amateur talent the show had instant success. Since that first season in 2002, Idol has continued to find some of the country’s best musical talent. Past winners have had great success in the industry.
There are show legends such as Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. Jordin Sparks is in that conversation as well. Then there are some that have had lesser success. While there are more busts than booms it seems, the show has always entertained. The show has been able to produce stars that weren’t always the show winner.
Back in season two, the top two finishers both had musical success. While most remember Clay Aiken the runner-up, Ruben Studdard had his own career and did quite well after Idol. Who can forget Adam Lambert from season eight? It wasn’t meant to be for Lambert, but someone out there is destined to win season 20. Perhaps they are from a town near you!