According to reports, Dog the Bounty Hunter may be nearing a return to reality television, and the new show may revolve around his recent work tracking down Brian Laundrie.
Laundrie is the prime suspect in his girlfriend Gabby Petito‘s recent disappearance and death. For two weeks, Laundrie has been missing, which has led to a massive FBI-led manhunt in Central Florida. This past weekend, Duane “Dog” Chapman traveled to Florida to lend his services to the ongoing search. Now, a report from Variety has shared details of a possible new program based on the bounty hunter’s daily exploits.
Per Variety‘s article, Thinkfactory Media is shopping the new reality TV series starring Chapman. The media company is known for its work on multiple other hit reality TV franchises. The new series would be similar to previous shows based on Chapman’s life and work tracking down fugitives on the run.
Chapman is most well-known for starring in A&E’s Dog the Bounty Hunter for eight seasons. After that, CMT aired Dog and Beth: On the Hunt for two years. Following his wife Beth’s cancer diagnosis, A&E revisited the bounty hunters with a 2017 special titled Dog and Beth: Fight of Their Lives. Chapman’s most recent show aired for one season in the fall of 2019 on WGN America called Dog’s Most Wanted.
Although it isn’t confirmed, the new series by Thinkfactory could incorporate his current work in Florida. He’s made headlines in the last week since joining the hunt for Brian Laundrie on Saturday. In fact, Dog the Bounty Hunter supposedly has information on Petito’s boyfriend that could lead to his eventual capture.
Dog the Bounty Hunter Claims to Have Lead on Possible Whereabouts of Brian Laundrie
In the last couple of days, Dog the Bounty Hunter claimed he has new information that could change the Brian Laundrie case. Chapman says he has video footage of Laundrie and his parents arriving and leaving Florida’s Fort De Soto Park earlier this month.
He shared that registration reports prove that the Laundrie family visited the park two different times in early September. The reports show that the family visited Fort De Soto Park on Sept. 1-3 and Sept. 6-8. However, when the family exited the park following their second trip, the parents left without their son in tow.
“Allegedly, what we’re hearing, is two people left [the campsite] on the 8th. Three people came in on the 6th, and two people left on the 8th. I think he’s been here for sure,” Dog the Bounty Hunter told FOX News.
“We think at least if he’s not here right now, we are sure he was caught on camera as he went in the gate — that he was here for sure. Not over in the [Carlton Reserve],” he added.