HomeEntertainmentJoe Montana Releases Twitter Statement Following Kidnapping Incident

Joe Montana Releases Twitter Statement Following Kidnapping Incident

by Jon D. B.
(Photo by Michael Zagaris/San Francisco 49ers/Getty Images)

NFL Hall of Fame legend Joe Montana finally speaks publicly about the horrifying kidnapping attempt made on his grandchild just hours ago.

The Montanas are recovering from a nightmarish situation no one would ever see coming. During this past weekend, an intruder broke into their home and attempted kidnapping their grandchild. Thankfully, Jennifer Montana was able to pry the child from the criminal’s hands and save her from abduction.

Police are now comfortable identifying the perpetrator. Sodsai Dalzell initially ran from the scene but is now in police custody. Dalzell is in holding for trespassing and kidnapping.

Joe Montana releases first public statement after kidnapping

After wide media coverage of the incident over the weekend, Joe Montana himself is finally speaking out. Keeping it simple and brief – Joe has the following to say to his fans and the public:

Twitter users are showing their support for the Montana family, too. While Joe wishes – and understandably so – for their affairs to remain private at this time, it is always good to have love thrown your way. 2020 has been a difficult year for everyone – and reaching out with messages of kindness can sometimes make all the difference in the world.

Thankfully, this terrifying kidnapping incident is now over for the Montana family.

According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department: “Montana told deputies that his grandchild was sleeping in a playpen on Saturday when an unknown woman entered their home in Malibu and grabbed the child. Montana and his wife, Jennifer, confronted the woman, whom authorities later identified as Sodsai Dalzell, tried to “de-escalate the situation” and asked her to give back their grandchild.”

Los Angeles police note that Jennifer Montana was able to save her grandchild after confronting and tussling with the intruder. No injuries, however, have been reported.

[H/T Twitter]