The lineup at Monday night’s CMA Country Christmas special has been revealed. Popular country artist Kelsea Ballerini is set to open the show.
We now know that the country superstar will be performing first. She will be singing the Christmas classic, “Santa Baby.”
Ballerini spoke to Vermillion County First about why she specifically chose “Santa Baby” as her song to perform this year.
“I picked ‘Santa Baby’ because I really wanted to do something kind of fun and light on the show this year,” Ballerini said. “Obviously it’s been a crazy year, very heavy, and so I just wanted to kind of swing that back over to the other side and just be fun.”
Not only do we know that Ballerini will be opening the show, but the CMA is also sharing the entire show’s setlist. This is what everyone’s performing on this year’s special:
- Kelsea Ballerini: “Santa Baby”
- Gabby Barrett: “The First Noel”
- Lady A: “Wonderful Christmastime” and “Little Saint Nick”
- Little Big Town: “Christmas Time Is Here”
- Tim McGraw: “It Wasn’t His Child”
- Darius Rucker with Lindsey Stirling: “What Child Is This?”
- Dan + Shay: “Christmas Isn’t Christmas”
- Florida Georgia Line: “Lit This Year”
- Thomas Rhett: “Christmas in the Country”
The CMA Country Christmas special will be led by hosts Thomas Rhett and his wife Lauren Akins. The 11th annual musical special will be airing on ABC beginning at 9 p.m. ET.
Kelsea Ballerini Resembles Christmas Tree in Instagram Photo
Kelsea Ballerini seems to be getting deep into the Christmas spirit prior to her lead-off performance at the CMA Christmas special.
Ballerini shared a gorgeous photo of herself on Instagram yesterday. In the photo, she has a striking resemblance to a Christmas tree. The country music star wore a green sweater and sparkling hoop earrings in the photo.
“Got ready for no other reason today other than to resemble a Christmas tree,” she says in the post.