Bring on the jammies, eggnog, and tinsel! Okay, so we haven’t actually celebrated Thanksgiving yet… or even Halloween… but if superstar Carrie Underwood declares it’s officially the start of the holidays, who are we to argue? What’s that saying again? If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em? That seems like pretty good advice here. We’ve got your first look at the new “Favorite Time of Year” right below.
Carrie Underwood Sings About What’s Most Special To Her
A good sultry Christmas track has its designated time and place. It usually pairs better with colder weather, though. As we find ourselves in a sort of transitory period right now, Carrie Underwood is here to shake things up. Her latest “Favorite Time of Year” gives us an upbeat tune detailing all the things we have to look forward to in the coming months. It comes from the help of Underwood’s writing team: Hillary Lindsey and Chris DeStefano. Greg Wells is noted as its producer.
The country star sings about love falling like snowflakes and cinnamon as one of those “little things” that just makes life a little sweeter sometimes. Out of the endless holiday-themed activities, however, family is what makes the time so special.
Love pouring out like the snow from the sky / Snuggled up together sitting by the fire / Oh, it’s magical, it’s my favorite time
The song is just one of the many tracks from Underwood’s full Christmas album release on September 24th.
If you want to get the fireplace started or bake some gingerbread with the littles, we’re not here to stop you. This anthem might even inspire a new family tradition. Check it out:
The Album’s Full Track List
In a press release, Carrie Underwood said of the album:
“My Gift is an album I’ve wanted to make from the beginning of my career. It’s been such a blessing to share this special music and I’m excited to share even more with the release of My Gift (Special Edition).”
- Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee (Traditional)
- O Come All Ye Faithful (Traditional)
- Let There Be Peace (Carrie Underwood, Brett James, David Garcia)
- Little Drummer Boy (featuring Isaiah Fisher) (Harry Simeone, Henry Onorati, Katherine Davis)
- Sweet Baby Jesus (Carrie Underwood, Brett James, David Garcia)
- Hallelujah (with John Legend) (John Stephens, Toby Gad)
- O Holy Night (Traditional)
- Mary, Did You Know? (Buddy Greene, Mark Lowry)
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Ralph Blane, Hugh Martin)
- Away In A Manger (Traditional)
- Silent Night (Traditional)
- Favorite Time Of Year (Carrie Underwood, Hillary Lindsey, Chris DeStefano)
- All Is Well (Michael W. Smith, Wayne Kirkpatrick)
- Let There Be Peace/Something In The Water (LIVE From HBO Max’s MY GIFT: A Christmas Special From Carrie Underwood) (Carrie Underwood, Brett James, David Garcia, Chris DeStefano)