HomeEntertainmentSharon Stone Asks for Prayers after Revealing 11-Month-Old Nephew Has Total Organ Failure

Sharon Stone Asks for Prayers after Revealing 11-Month-Old Nephew Has Total Organ Failure

by Josh Lanier
(Photo by Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty Images)

Sharon Stone asked her fans to pray for a miracle after announcing Friday her 11-month-nephew and godson, River, had total organ failure.

The Basic Instinct and Casino star posted a photo of the boy in his hospital bed, a nest of wires and tubes coming and leading from his body.

“My nephew and godson River Stone was found in his crib w total organ failure today. Please pray for him. We need a miracle,” she captioned the photo.

It’s unclear what caused River to suffer organ failure. Stone, who is currently in Venice, Italy, didn’t provide any further details.

Stone’s post drew support from across the entertainment world as well as her fans.

Sharon Osbourne replied, “Bless him sending so much love and prayer.” Cindy Crawford wrote “Prayers for this little angel!” and Kate Hudson said she was “sending light and healing love.”

Sharon Stone, a mother of three, has posted several times about her nephew. She beamed as he left the hospital in his little striped onesie soon after he was born last year.

“Look who’s going home: River William Stone, my brother Patrick and his wife Tasha’s new baby,” she wrote in the photo caption.

Stone, who adopted her children, said in 2017 that “motherhood didn’t come easily, but it came lovingly to me by angels. We’re a happy and lucky family. That is the credo we stand for,” PEOPLE said.

Sharon Stone Nearly Died in 2001 From Aneurism

Sharon Stone said she understands miracles after she had her own in 2001. She nearly died after suffering an aneurism. She discussed what happened with James Corden recently while promoting her new memoir, The Beauty of Living Twice.

Stone told The Late Late Show host that she had bleeding on her brain for several days before she went to the hospital. When she finally went to the doctor, she fell unconscious in the emergency room.

“Then when I came to, I was on a table in a very quiet emergency room, which is never good — when it’s like no one’s in there, just the doctor, no one’s running around, nobody’s doing anything urgently. And the doctor is just looking at me so compassionately, and I was like, ‘Am I dying?’ Because I realized this is a bad situation,” she said.

The 63-year-old actress said doctors rushed to a neurological hospital but she fell unconscious on the stretcher. However, this time, she left her body.

“There was this tunnel of light and I was swooping up through this tunnel of light and at the top of it was kind of this hole and several people that I had been very close to or I had been their caretakers until they died were kind of looking down through that open hole at the top and I felt like they were telling me this is all great,” she said.

She said suddenly she felt like some had kicked her in the chest and she woke up gasping for air.

‘It was very beautiful, it was very strange,’ she said.

She said doctors saved her life with a seven-hour surgery.