Oh, Jamie. When is an image of you not ominous? Yellowstone’s latest shot of their most questionable character is, at least, absolutely stunning to behold.
What can we say about Jamie Dutton that hasn’t been said before? To be fair, the Dutton’s family lawyer isn’t all that bad. He does have redeeming qualities… sometimes. And he has been there for his family… in his own way. Right? He just… he’s just so greasy.
Apparently, Yellowstone agrees with this entire sentiment, too. Their latest shot of Jamie is a gorgeous new glimpse at the show, sure. But the caption says it all:
“Even the clouds around Jamie are ominous…” the moody shot reads. We’d call him the “moodiest” Dutton to match, but even that’s a stretch when it comes to a family made up of John, Beth, and Kayce.
In all honestly, this is an amazing shot – and a still we haven’t seen before. Could this be a glimpse into Season 4 and things to come?
Sample Jamie’s Infamous ‘Yellowstone’ Moods
We’re not just blowing steam here. Yellowstone fans love to hate Jamie – and his quotes from the first three seasons just add gasoline to an already raging fire. For instance: the majority of Jamie’s best dialogue comes from interactions with his sister, Beth Dutton. While Beth herself is responsible for the show’s best quotes according to fans, Jamie has some runner-ups. These two are a master-class in spite:
- “Cancer doesn’t have much foresight, so it kills its hosts, which kills it. Cancer is suicide from the inside out. That’s what you are, Beth.”
- “If hating me keeps you from hating yourself, I’ll be there for you … That’s what family’s for.”
- “I know what you’re doing. You’re doing what you always do. You’re making a giant cry for help.”
- I should have said no. That’s what I should have done. Because then you couldn’t blame me for doing exactly what you asked me to do!
- “I am celibate because I’m terrified of getting somebody pregnant and passing on the gene that made you.”
As mentioned, however, Jamie truly does have moments of light within Yellowstone. We just love to razz on this greasy lawyer. Wes Bentley makes it so easy.
- “All I have ever tried to do is protect this family, most of the time from itself. You, more than anyone, should understand that.”
- “I need you to forget how we feel about each other and remember one thing – we’re family.”
Want to love/hate on Jamie Dutton even more before Yellowstone Season 4 premieres this summer? Stick with your fellow fans right here on Outsider.com.