Yellowstone’s writer Taylor Sheridan is a master in creating iconic quotes. Whether it’s a cruel burn from Beth Dutton, fatherly advice from John, or heartfelt dialogue from Rip, many lines in Yellowstone echo in fans’ minds long after the television turns off. Here is our collection of top ten quotes from season one of Paramount’s hit series, Yellowstone.
Top 10 Quotes
- This is America. We don’t share land here. – John Dutton
- If men were responsible for giving birth, the human race wouldn’t have lasted two generations. – Evelyn Dutton to Beth
- The only reason you’re not choking on irony is the size of your mouth. – Beth
- I will erase you from the future. – Thomas Rainwater
- Leverage is knowing if someone had all the money in the world… this is what they’d buy. – John Dutton
- Cancer doesn’t have much foresight, so it kills its hosts, which kills it. Cancer is suicide from the inside out. That’s what you are, Beth. – Jamie
- Last long enough for your children to continue the cycle and maybe, just maybe, the land is still there when a tree sprouts from you – John Dutton
- Repeat that in English, I don’t speak dips–t. – Beth
- If hating me keeps you from hating yourself, I’ll be there for you … That’s what family’s for – Jamie
- This ain’t checkers, son. This is chess and you’re about to play it with masters. – John
But, of course, a full season of killer scripts and character development can’t be summed up into just ten quotes. Here are our a few more iconic lines from our favorite characters on TV…
Beth Dutton Season One Quotes
– Every now and then, you say something that makes me think you’re smart. and then i look at you and that thought fades.
– Look how broken you are and we haven’t even kissed yet.
– I wouldn’t let that c–ksucker pay for my funeral
– Where’s the fun in wrecking a single man? When I break you, I want to know I’m breaking generations.
– I don’t regret one sin I’ve committed. It’s the one I’m about to commit that worries me.
– The brand isn’t something you earn, it’s something you live up to.
Jamie Season 1 Lines
– I am celibate because I’m terrified of getting somebody pregnant and passing on the gene that made you.
– If you just made you’re one phone call from jail, you wasted it.
Rip Wheeler Season 1 Quotes
– There ain’t no such thing as luck. But I sure do believe in stupid, because you prove it every f–king day.
– There’s work to be done. You know what work is don’t you? Of course, you don’t.
– You see, it’s the habit of living that you’re scared of losing. That’s all.
Okay, just a few more… We couldn’t call it quits without mentioning these great words of wisdom from the ranchers.
Other Notable Lines From Yellowstone’s First Season
- Rough business becoming a man, ain’t it? Beats the alternative, though – Lloyd
- Bullies need to be big, and I’m bigger than you. – Governor Perry
- I have to turn you into the man most men will never be … You’re gonna hate it, sweetheart – Evelyn Dutton to Beth
- It’s the shame that hurts the most, you know? But shame, it’s in the mind. You can turn that faucet off whenever you want to.- Lloyd