In the second season of Paramount Network’s Yellowstone, creator and writer Taylor Sheridan pens a multitude of memorable lines. From family patriarch John Dutton laying down the law to his daughter Beth Dutton dropping hard-knocking zingers, Season 2 delivers the same level of poignant quotes that fans came to love from the first season.
Top 10 Quotes
- This is going to be the end of us. But we’re gonna do it anyway. – John
- There ain’t no fighting on this ranch. You wanna fight, you come fight me. – Kayce
- You want off this ranch, you got it. I’ll drive your a** to the train station myself. – Rip
- I remember the stories of heaven and hell in church. Lies, a lot of it. I think heaven’s right here. So is hell. – Beth
- Maybe you haven’t noticed, but there is a war going on in this valley. Today’s the day you choose sides. – John
- I love how people think that word entitles them to absolution from the people whose lives they ruin. – Beth
- It’s the one constant in life. You build something worth having, someone’s gonna try to take it. – John
- For someone with no spine, you’ve sure got a lot of balls. – Beth
- Lawyers are the swords of this century. Words are weapons now. I need you to learn how to use ’em. – John
- Are there problems? Everywhere I turn, son. – John
While these quotes made a distinct impression rounding out the “Top 10” quotes, Season 2 was full of even more incredible dialogue. Here are a few more quotes from the Yellowstone main characters below:
‘Yellowstone’: John Dutton Season 2 Quotes
• No one has a right. You have to take the right. Or stop it from being taken from you.
• Your grandfather used to say you can’t fix a broken wagon wheel, but you can use the parts to make a new one.
• Well, the whole world’s a test, son. Don’t let them ever trick you into thinkin’ different.
Beth Dutton Season 2 Quotes
• You’re lucky she had a conscience. I was going to get you to f**k that mannequin. [laughs] I could have done this all f****n’ night. Oh well, I guess there’s always tomorrow.
• I see things in people, and I feel like if I can touch it, even if the rest of the person is rotten, I can take that good thing and I can make it part of me.
Kayce Dutton Season 2 Quotes
• Well ain’t that the thing about problems, dad? No matter how long you’re gone, they’ll be right here when you get back.
• Soldiers don’t tell war stories anymore dad, because wars these days, it’s just about trying to live through ’em.
Rip Wheeler Season 2 Quotes
• I’m sorry is two words you never have to say to me.
• There’s sharks and minnows in this world, Jimmy, and if you don’t know which one you are, then you ain’t a f****n’ shark.
Other Notable Lines From ‘Yellowstone’ Season 2
• And when we fight, it’s a zero-sum game. We will win at any cost. – Teal
• When the misery is bad enough, tomorrow is rarely factored into decisions. – Monica
• Can you tell me the definition of power, Trent? Hmm? It’s the ability to direct or influence another’s behavior or course of events. That’s what I have. – Monica
• I have every right to be here. Every right. I have a right. This is America. – Dan