Happy National S’Mores Day!
Stores may be trying to convince us all that summer is over. But we know better! We still have (at least) a few weeks of summer left, and we’re going to enjoy every second of it. And if there’s one thing we know epitomizes the summer season, it’s s’mores! So, in honor of National S’Mores Day, we’re offering a fun way to liven up the traditional recipe using ice cream cones.
Warm, gooey, marshmallows and chocolate are definitely a treat. But all of that gooeyness can get messy. That’s why these s’mores cones are the perfect alternative to the campfire treat. It’s literally an edible bowl for your s’mores. We also love this recipe because unlike the traditional s’mores treat that’s somewhat limited with what you can fit between two pieces of graham cracker, these s’mores campfire cones can be fully customized with any ingredients you’re craving. Of course, you can bring your traditional staples including marshmallows, chocolate, and graham cracker. But think outside the s’more! With this recipe, you can also use fruit including strawberries, raspberries, and bananas. You can include chopped-up pieces of your favorite candy bars such as Reese’s peanut butter cups or Kit Kat bars. And you can mix it all in with some delicious melted peanut butter or Nutella.
This recipe comes from the lifestyle blog, Hip2Save. Lina Darnell, the recipe creator and DIY content contributor for Hip2Save, created the unique recipe. During an interview, Darnell shared why she loves her S’Mores Campfire Cones.
“These melted marshmallows and chocolate cones have become a yummy summertime tradition in our family,” said Darnell. “They are such a creative version of s’mores and are fun to make and eat!”
The Perfect Recipe For National S’Mores Day
Here’s the official recipe for S’Mores Campfire Cones.
What You’ll Need:
- Tin foil
- Waffle or traditional ice cream cones
- S’mores fillings: marshmallows, chocolate, graham cracker, peanut butter cups, chocolate bar pieces, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, peanut butter, bananas, raspberries, strawberries, Nutella, etc. Go wild with it!
1. Place all of your desired campfire cone filling into the cone. Then, cover the entire cone with tin foil.
2. Place the foil-wrapped cones over the campfire on a grate, or near the fire for about 3-5 minutes. Once the toppings are all nice and melted, use long tongs to pick up the cones and place them away from the fire to cool for about two minutes. Don’t touch or open them before that because they will be very hot. You can also use a grill or an oven if you don’t have access to a campfire. Place the foil-wrapped cones on the grill for about 5-6 minutes. Or, cook them in the oven for about 5-8 minutes at 375 degrees.
3. Unwrap the cones from the top and bliss out with your delicious, gooey, summery, s’mores treat!
Happy National S’Mores Day, everybody!