HomeNews13-Year-Old Dirt Biker Dies in Crash Fleeing Police

13-Year-Old Dirt Biker Dies in Crash Fleeing Police

by Courtney Blackann
(Photo by NurPhoto/Corbis via Getty Images)

In a tragedy that ended with a fatal crash, a 13-year-old is dead after fleeing from police on his dirt bike. The Florida teen was pronounced dead at the scene after being ejected from his bike, officials report.

The Boynton Beach Police Department says that Stanley Davis Jr. was riding his dirt bike recklessly in a residential area. An officer attempted to make a traffic stop. But the teen decided to accelerate his bike. While doing so, Davis Jr. lost control and hit a road sign. He was ejected from the bike and hit another object on impact.

Though emergency services were called, the teen died at the scene, authorities say per Yahoo! News.

“Our hearts go out to the family members of this young person, and they can trust that we and our law enforcement partners will be conducting a series of thorough and meticulous investigations into the circumstances of what occurred,” Boynton Beach police chief Michael Gregory said in a statement.

While the officer who attempted to pull Davis Jr. over is now on administrative leave while there’s an investigation, reports from the accident state that the officer’s vehicle never came into contact with the teen. However, the department urged anyone with conflicting testimony to contact the Florida Highway Patrol.

Further, the Palm Beach County Medical Examiner’s Office will also conduct an investigation into the crash. The Boynton County Police Department is also investigating.

Trooper Paralyzed in Motorcycle Crash Able to Return Home for Holidays

While it’s never fun to report fatal accidents, this would-be tragic event was turned into a cherished moment for a North Carolina State Trooper. Chris Wooten was attempting to make a routine traffic stop when the aggressor decided to break into a car chase.

At the time, Wooten did his best to follow suit. But he slammed into the side of a pick-up truck. This sent him to the ground. He was paralyzed from the neck down.

After two years of rehab, the trooper was able to return home for the holidays. His family couldn’t be more excited to have him home.

“Chris and the entire Wooten family have been a blessing to so many these past years, and we are humbled to help him return home to North Carolina with a fitting reception,” said the commander of the N.C. Highway Patrol Col. Freddy L. Johnson Jr. “To see friends, family, and strangers that were moved by his story come together in support is a testament to the spirit the Wooten family have exuded.”

Further, Wooten’s wife says she’s glad for a second chance with her husband. Even if it will be a new way of living.

“I’m just trying to accept that it’s a new normal, a new way of life, and we’re going to make the most of it,” she said.