Reba McEntire Makes Urgent Plea to Fans After She and Boyfriend Rex Linn Recently Fell Ill

by Keeli Parkey
reba-mcentire-makes-urgent-plea-fans-after-she-boyfriend-rex-linn-recently-fell-ill

Reba McEntire recently revealed that she and her boyfriend, Rex Linn, contracted COVID-19. And, having gone through the ordeal, she is urging her fans to stay safe.

According to Classic Country Music, the beloved singer and actress shared the news that she and Linn had the coronavirus – and survived – during a live stream on the popular social media platform TikTok. In addition to showing fans around her home, the 66-year-old star answered questions from her fans.

It was during this part of the live stream that Reba McEntire talked about what it was like to have COVID-19. The “Fancy” singer also issued an urgent plea to her fans.

“This has been a very hard year and it’s getting rougher again. You guys, please stay safe,” McEntire said on TikTok. “Wear your masks. Do what you have to do. Stay home. Just stay safe. Stay healthy. It’s not fun to get this. I did get it. Rex (Linn) and I got it and it’s not fun. You don’t feel good. We were both vaccinated and we still got it, so stay safe, stay home, and be protected the best you can.”

McEntire Talks Plans for Late 2021 and 2022

After Reba McEntire was asked by a fan about her plans for 2022, the country music superstar also talked about how the ongoing global pandemic is having an impact on her live performances.

“I have no idea what plans for next year are,” McEntire said during the live stream. “You know, the COVID thing has really hit hard and spikes are going everywhere right now…and it’s all over the country…so we don’t have an idea.

She did, however, say plans are in the works. However, that will depend on the pandemic.

“We have plans right now to go back on tour in January, February and March. We have plans with being with Brooks & Dunn at Caesars in December, the first two weeks, almost three weeks of December, but we don’t know if that’s going to go,” Reba McEntire also said. “We’re just gonna move forward, keep prayin’ that everybody stays safe and healthy, and wear your mask and just be safe.”

Reba McEntire, Family Postpone Memorial Service for Her Late Mother

It appears that Reba McEntire is practicing what she preaches as far as COVID-19 is concerned. Earlier this week, she announced that the memorial service for her late mother, Jacqueline McEntire, has been postponed.

The service was supposed to take place in the coming days. However, due to the pandemic, McEntire and family decided to postpone it for safety reasons.

“With heavy hearts, we are postponing Mama’s memorial that was scheduled for August 8, 2021,” McEntire said. “We feel that it’s not a good idea to continue with the plans due to the increase of Covid cases in Atoka County.”

Jacqueline McEntire passed away on March 14, 2020. Reba still hopes to have a memorial service for her mother one day.

Outsider.com