Travis Tritt is ready to hit play on a new record this spring. It will be his first studio album in over a decade.
Tritt’s 11-song record, titled Set in Stone, will be his first since The Storm in 2007, according to Taste of Country. The country music singer-songwriter has already debuted a single from the album. The song, “Ghost Town Nation” was released last fall. The first single from the album is the title song that’s a mix of Tritt’s signature sound of southern-rock meets his bluesy voice.
Now Travis Tritt fans can expect the full-length, Set in Stone to drop May 7. Tritt wrote on all of the songs on the album, except for three. What’s more, Dave Cobb, a longtime Chris Stapleton producer, produced Tritt’s album. Dave’s younger cousin, singer-songwriter Brent Cobb, co-wrote three of the songs. Additionally, Ashley Monroe and Dillon Carmichael are just two of the other notable songwriters on Set in Stone.
Check out Travis Tritt’s Set in Stone track list.
1. “Stand Your Ground” (Travis Tritt, Wayne B. Durrett III, Channing Wilson)
2. “Set in Stone” (Tritt, Brent Cobb, Adam Hood)
3. “Ghost Town Nation” (Aaron Raitiere, JB Strauss)
4. “Smoke in a Bar” (Jeremy Bussey, Derek George, Tim Montana)
5. “Leave This World” (Tritt, Ashley Monroe)
6. “They Don’t Make Em’ Like That No More” (Tritt, Matthew Dillon Carmichael)
7. “Better Off Dead” (Tritt, Hood)
8. “Southern Man” (Tritt, Channing Wilson)
9. “Open Line” (Tritt, Cobb)
10. “Ain’t Who I Was” (Cobb, Hood)
11. “Way Down in Georgia” (Tritt, Dennis Anthony Robbins, Troy Seals)
Travis Tritt is Back with New Music
Tritt garnered numerous hits for Warner Bros. in the ’90s. However, as his contract progressed, Tritt came to the realization that his records weren’t reaching retail stores regularly. Even though he charted 30 single for the label, he decided it was time to leave.
He later signed with Columbia Nashville, and that’s where he recorded “Best of Intentions,” as well as “It’s a Great Day to Be Alive” and “Love of a Woman.” The latter two singles spent multiple weeks at No. 2. The matching album reached platinum status as a matter of fact.
Reportedly, Travis Tritt’s new project promises a return of his signature sound. The man that’s known for his Americana roots, is now adding some outlaw attitude to the mix. Last March, Tritt revealed that he signed with Big Noise Records. This came 15 months after he finished as a judge on “Real Country,” a singing reality show on the USA Network.