Country music singer Travis Tritt took to social media to ask his fans and followers for their favorite songs from his Christmas album.
A Travis Tritt Christmas: Loving Time of the Year was released in September of 1992, via Warner Bros. Records. Tritt’s Christmas album includes a mix of traditional songs, cover songs, and new material.
On Saturday evening, Tritt asked his followers on Twitter what their favorite songs are off his Christmas album. In the tweet, he posted a link to a YouTube video of the song “Winter Wonderland.”
“What’s your favorite song from Travis’ LOVING TIME OF THE YEAR Christmas album?” Tritt asked his fans. He ended the tweet signing off as “Team TT.”
The album includes three different covers of country Christmas songs. “Christmas in My Hometown” was part of Sonny James’1966 album My Christmas Dream. “Santa Looked a Lot Like Daddy” and “All I Want for Christmas Dear Is You” are songs by Buck Owens from his 1965 album Christmas with Buck Owens and His Buckaroos. Meanwhile, “Loving Time of the Year” and “Christmas Just Ain’t Christmas Without You” are the only new tracks on this album.
Here are all of the tracks from the 1992 album:
- “Winter Wonderland” (Felix Bernard, Dick Smith)
- “Christmas in My Hometown” (Sonny James, John Skye)
- “Santa Looked a Lot Like Daddy” (Buck Owens, Don Rich)
- “All I Want for Christmas Dear Is You” (Owens, Rich)
- “O Little Town of Bethlehem” (Phillips Brooks, Lewis Redner)
- “Loving Time of the Year” (Travis Tritt)
- “Christmas Just Ain’t Christmas Without You” (Johnny Neel)
- “I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day” (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Johnny Marks)
- “Silver Bells” (Jay Livingston, Ray Evans)
- “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” (Hugh Martin, Ralph Blane)
Travis Tritt, Joe Pesci ‘Bible Belt’ Performance at 1992 ACM Awards
Since we’re already in 1992, we might as well stay here and highlight a country throwback to when Travis Tritt and Joe Pesci performed “Bible Belt” at the ’92 Academy of Country Music Awards ceremony.
An interesting note people may not know is that Tritt recorded “Bible Belt for one of Joe Pesci’s best-known movies, My Cousin Vinny. The song appears in the film and, to those gathered and watching in 1992, Tritt invited Pesci to join him at the 1992 ACM Awards.
To everyone’s surprise, it’s not just Tritt doing all the singing and playing on stage. Tritt starts singing the song, then invites Pesci to join in to his left. The actor sings and plays rhythm guitar during the song. It’s an incredible performance that people probably still haven’t forgotten about nearly 30 years later.
Let’s turn on the turn back the time to 1992 and enjoy Tritt and Pesci playing “Bible Belt.”