With concert season revving back up after being shut down for the last year, country icon Willie Nelson has announced more tour dates for 2021.
Once again, Willie Nelson & Family will be the headliners at the music festival. The 14-city tour will kick off on August 22 and will include various appearances by other famous musicians. According to what stop of the tour you attend, fans will get to see Chris Stapleton, Sturgill Simpson, and Lucinda Williams. In addition, Gov’t Mule, Margo Price, The Avett Brothers, Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats, and more will perform.
Chris Stapleton will only join Nelson on the first date of the tour. However, Sturgill Simpson fans will be excited to know that he’ll join the country music legend for more than half the tour’s shows. Southern rock jam band Gov’t Mule – a side project from Allman Brothers Band members – will perform on 11 dates. Also, the tour will mark Lucinda Williams’ first tour since suffering a stroke in 2020.
“The Outlaw Music Festival Tour has always been about family and friends coming together for a great day of music and fun. With the amazing group of artists joining us, this year promises to be our most special Outlaw Tour to date. I just can’t wait to get back on the road again,” said Willie Nelson, according to Rolling Stone.
Willie Nelson’s Wife Predicted That Her Husband Would Tour Again in August
At the beginning of the year, Willie Nelson’s wife, Annie, spoke to Rolling Stone about her husband. At the time, the country icon had just received his COVID-19 vaccination. Not only did Annie hint at Nelson returning to the road later this year, she hit the nail on the head with her date predictions.
Annie D’Angelo spoke about the COVID-19 pandemic in January and shared that she was hopeful for a return to normalcy in the near future. As long as the country made progress with the pandemic, and the vaccines did their job, she said her husband would tour again in late August or September. Considering the first date of the Outlaw Music Festival begins on August 22, her presumption couldn’t have been more accurate.
“It’ll probably be late August, September before things can get back to normal,” Annie said to Rolling Stone. “And that’s if everybody gets the vaccination, so we can get some kind of herd immunity. (Willie) said, ‘Right now, it’s basically turd immunity.’”
Outlaw Music Festival Tour Dates
- Austin, TX – August 22 – Germania Insurance Amphitheater
- Gilford, NH – September 10 – Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion
- Philadelphia, PA – September 11 – The Mann Center
- Saratoga Springs, NY – September 12 – Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- Virginia Beach, VA – September 17 – Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater
- Raleigh, NC – September 18 – Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek
- Charlotte, NC – September 19 – PNC Music Pavilion
- Alpharetta, GA – September 22 – Alpharetta, GA – Ameris Bank Amphitheater
- Columbia, MD – September 24 – Merriweather Post Pavilion
- Phoenix, AZ – October 15 – Ak-Chin Pavilion
- Irvine, CA – October 16 – Fivepoint Amphitheater
- San Diego, CA – October 17 – Cal Coast Credit Union Amphitheater
- Mountain View, CA – October 23 – Shoreline Amphitheater
- Wheatland, CA – October 24 – Toyota Amphitheater
Tickets will be available for purchase starting on Thursday, May 27 at 10 a.m. EST on Live Nation.