Beth Dutton certainly keeps Yellowstone viewers on her toes with her sassy one-liners and foul-mouthed insults. Her no-nonsense personality keeps us laughing, while her grit and empowerment motivate. Beth obviously has a sweet spot, shown through her fierce devotion to her father, John Dutton. Though that warm nature is deeply hidden by her tough-as-nails nature that can knock any confident cowboy down a few notches.
So, here are our top ten quotes from everyone’s favorite BA lady, Beth Dutton.
Top 10 Quotes
- You are the trailer park. I am the tornado.
- I think heaven’s right here. So’s hell. One person can be walking the clouds right next to someone enduring eternal damnation. And God is the land.
- Where’s the fun in wrecking a single man? When I break you, I want to know I’m breaking generations.
- I wouldn’t let that c–ksucker pay for my funeral.
- You better have a big pistol in that purse.
Beth: I do. It’s called my name. Beth Dutton. What’s yours?
- Don’t judge us for the way we protect the thing we’re giving you.
- Malcolm Beck: All that tough talk, Beth. I’ve got the cure for that. We’ll see how tough you are after I give it to ya.
Beth: Challenge accepted.
- I don’t speak dips–t.
- Beth: Just tell me who to fight.
- I am chopping your family tree down.
While they are all great, Beth’s killer metaphor insult to Roarke, seen in season 3 episode 5, might be the best. In the tense scene between the two, Roarke undoubtedly underestimates the true caliber of the fierce lady he is dealing with.
Of course, ten doesn’t do the strong woman justice. Whether she is standing up for John, hurling insults at Jamie, or playing hard to get for Rip, Beth’s way with words is impeccable. Therefore, here are more of her savage burns and classic quotes…
More Beth Dutton Quotes
- It’s only the things I love that die, Rip, never me… Come to think of it, I’m surprised you’re still standing
- You can’t unmake family Jamie, but you can take their gold card.
- For someone with no spine, you’ve sure got a lot of balls.
- Money is my new drug.
- The sting never fades with me. It is a painful lesson and one you’re about to learn.
- That’s a conversation for another time…that we’ll never have.
- Every so often, you say something that makes me think you’re smart. And then I look at you, and that thought fades.
- We don’t care if he’s scared. We’re here to scare you.
Beth: Best of f—-n’ luck.
- I don’t believe you’re capable of swallowing your pride and contributing to this family. I don’t believe our father will ever trust you again, which is why I don’t believe you have a role here anymore.
- Jamie: Cancer is suicide from the inside, out. That’s what you are, Beth.
Beth: Wow, that’s really deep Jamie. You must be watching Ted Talks on Youtube.
- I see things in people, and I feel like if I can touch it, even if the rest of the person is rotten, I can take that good thing and I can make it part of me.
- It’s OK to watch me walk away, you know. That’s why we do it.
- Dan: I understand your father better being on this ranch. You, too. I think.
Beth: That’s interesting. When I’m here, I understand me less.
- I made two decisions in my life based on fear, and they cost me everything.
- I have been down this road many, many times before, buddy. And no one who tried it is alive to tell you how poorly that worked out for them.
- You are many things, Baby, but funny is not one of them. Sorry.
Yellowstone’s writer Taylor Sheridan gives viewers small windows into Beth’s warm heart, then pushes her to the most surprising extremes. Without a doubt, Beth Dutton keeps us on our toes, ready to hear what the formidable character may say next. While we wait for season four, we’ll keep the Beth Dutton spirit alive by using some of her classic insults in any argument we may face.