‘Better Call Saul’ Star Bob Odenkirk Says One Episode Was Hazardous to His Health

by Samantha Whidden
better-call-saul-star-bob-odenkirk-says-one-episode-was-hazardous-his-health

His hit series Better Call Saul has been on air since 2015, but Bob Odenkirk admitted that the series has had its moments when it comes to his health. 

While chatting on Variety After-Show in March 2020, the Better Call Saul star revealed that the final episodes of the show’s fifth season were particularly taxing on him. “I almost got killed doing one of these episodes. Just shutting the entire thing almost killed me.”

During his chat on the After-Show, Odenkirk reveals his favorite cameo from Breaking Bad was none other than Robert Forster. “He was one of the greatest people I’ve ever met in show business,” the actor revealed. He also said that Forster was an incredibly sweet person who genuinely loved show business and loved acting.

In regards to who is harder to play, Jimmy McGill or Saul Goodman, Odenkirk added, “Jimmy is harder to play. But Jimmy is more rewarding to play. Saul is an effort, but he’s a performance.”

Better Call Saul premiered on February 8, 2015. The show is the spin-off prequel to Breaking Bad. The show follows the trials and tribulations of criminal lawyer Jimmy McGill before he established his strip-mall law office in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The show currently has five seasons and 50 episodes. The sixth and final season will consist of 13 episodes and will premiere in early 2022. 

Rhea Seehorn, Jonathan Banks, Patrick Fabian, Michael Mando, and Giancarlo Esposito has starred alongside Odenkirk in the series.

Bob Odenkirk Collapses on ‘Better Call Saul’ Set in July 2021

As previously reported, Bob Odenkirk collapsed on the Better Call Saul set after having a small heart attack. One of his representatives confirmed what happened in a statement. 

“We can confirm Bob is in stable condition after experiencing a heart-related incident. He and his family would like to express gratitude for the incredible doctors and nurses looking after him, as well as his cast, crew, and producers who have stayed by his side.”

Following the incident the Better Call Saul star’s son, Nate also posted on Twitter, “He’s going to be okay.” The update attracted more than 450,800 likes and 30,000 retweets.

Days after the incident Better Call Saul star took to his Twitter account days after the incident to give an update about the situation. “I had a small heart attack. But I’m going to be ok thanks to Rose Estrada and the doctors who knew how to fix the blockage without surgery.”

He also thanked AMC and Sony’s support and help throughout the situation. In September, Odenkirk revealed he was back on set. “Back to work on Better Call Saul! So happy to be here and living this specific life surrounded by such good people.”

Outsider.com