Ex-host of ‘Dancing with the Stars’ Tom Bergeron is still upset over his recent firing with his own spin-off of the new host, Tyra Banks’s promo image.
Bergeron confirmed his firing from the show, along with co-host Erin Andrew, in July. Last week Bergeron threw shade at the series by updating his Twitter bio. The new bio says, “Former Co-Host of “Footwork With the Famous”.
An announcement revealing the stars of the 29th season hit social media Wednesday. The cast will consist of rapper Nelly, ice skater Johnny Weir, former NFL player Vernon Davis, ‘Selling Sunset’ star Chrishell Strause, and ‘Catfish’ host Nev Schulman.
Bank’s promo image shows a close glamour shot of the supermodel with lips made to look like a disco ball.
Bergeron uploaded his spin-off of the promo image available to Twitter on Wednesday by holding up a real disco ball to his mouth. He captioned the photo, “This Just In: National Association of Lip Safety cautions against applying multiple small mirrors on mouth. One bad chew and it’s 7 years of bad luck.”
Many fans tweeted back in loyalty to their ex-host, saying they are boycotting the show.
Bergeron’s announcement of his termination came with a tweet to his fans.
“Just informed @DancingABC will be continuing without me. It’s been an incredible 15 year run and the most unexpected gift of my career. I’m grateful for that and for the lifelong friendships made. That said, now what am I supposed to do with all of these glitter masks?”
ABC responded with a statement, saying, “Tom Bergeron will forever be part of the ‘Dancing with the Stars’ family. As we embark on a new creative direction, he departs the show with our sincerest thanks and gratitude for his trademark wit and charm that helped make this show a success.”
The new season of the ABC show premieres on Sep. 14 at 8 p.m. ET.
[H/T Fox News]