‘Duck Dynasty’: Drive-By Shooting Suspect Sues Robertson Family for Defamation

by Evan Reier
duck-dynasty-drive-by-shooting-suspect-sues-robertson-family-defamation

After receiving charges for a drive-by shooting of an estate belonging to Duck Dynasty star Willie Robertson, a man is now suing for defamation.

The man, Daniel Dean King, was arrested not long after John Luke Robertson and his wife Mary Kate, reported being the targets of a drive-by shooting on April 24, 2020. A year later, King has filed a lawsuit.

Per TMZ, Willie Robertson was out of the house when the incident happened. Between 8 and 10 bullets were fired. At least one bullet went through a bedroom window of where John Luke lives.

The outlet also says King is filing the lawsuit without a lawyer. As for the specifics of who he’s taking to court, he is suing John Luke, Mary Kate and Willie Robertson.

King says that the statements made from the Duck Dynasty members were “calculated, false and ultimately defamatory,” and adds that police did not do their due diligence before arresting him. The charge he takes primary issue with is felony aggravated assault.

However, the charge was changed to felony illegal use of a dangerous weapon. Per TMZ, this is according to the 4th Judicial District DA’s Office. The criminal case is still active.

The man is also suing the Duck Dynasty clan’s Duck Commander company, along with the Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office.

It’s worth noting that the man admitted to doing it, TMZ reports. He also added that he had been drinking during the incident. The Robertsons filed a restraining order that will last until April of 2022.

Outsider.com