Bette Midler Confirms ‘Hocus Pocus’ Cast Has Agreed to Starring in Sequel

by Jacklyn Krol
bette-midler-hocus-pocus-reunion-first-look

Bette Midler confirmed that the original Hocus Pocus cast agreed to return for a sequel.

What Bette Midler Had to Say

“They want to make a movie, they’ve asked us if we were interested and of course all of us said yes,” Midler confirmed to Good Day New York. “I’m game, I’m totally game.” Kathy Najimy and Sarah Jessica Parker will be returning as her fellow Sanderson sisters if the project happens.

The women recently reprised their roles for Midler’s charity, The New York Restoration Project which will be holding a live stream event on October 30. All three women put on their famous costumes to become the Sanderson sisters once again.

“It was so bizarre to have been these characters 27 years ago,” Midler said of reuniting with Parker and Najimy. “And to put all that gear on… it was so bizarre because we fell into exactly the same relationship we had and the same style of behaving on screen that we had 27 years ago. As if we had been off for a weekend!”

The Hocus Pocus Sequel

Disney+ has been in talks with the trio to star in a sequel and reprise their roles. According to Variety, Adam Shankman is tied to the green-lit project at the streaming service.

Midler previously spoke with Entertainment Tonight about a potential reboot or sequel.  She told the outlet that she would “absolutely” play the iconic role of Winifred. She also said that she was currently in talks with Disney+ about logistics.

“Oh my goodness me. Oh, I hope they get to me before I’m a corpse,” she joked.“We wanna fly again,” she continued, referencing Najimy and Parker. “I hope Disney+ is a big success and I hope we get to do it, because [Winifred] is of course one of my favorite characters… I can’t wait to read the script. We’re gonna see what happens.”

Outsider.com