Jessa Duggar Announces Birth of Her Fourth Child in Wake of ‘Counting On’ Cancellation

by Samantha Whidden
jessa-duggar-announces-birth-fourth-child-wake-counting-on-cancellation

Jesse Duggar announced on Monday (July 19th) that she and her husband Ben Seewald welcomed their fourth child.

As part of the celebration, Jessa shared more details about the birth in her latest YouTube post. In the video, Jessa talks to her children about the new baby and shows them how to prepare for the little one’s arrival. She also says that she and Ben are arguing over the baby’s name. 

Jessa Duggar revealed earlier this year that she and Ben were expecting their latest baby following a miscarriage last year. The couple shares with Entertainment Weekly, “After a heartbreaking loss of a baby last year, we’re overjoyed to see that another little Seewald is on the way!” 

Jessa and Ben also stated the pregnancy was going smoothly and both the baby and mama were doing well. “We are grateful to God for the precious gift of a new life!”

Jessa Duggar Welcomes New Baby After ‘Counting On’ Was Canceled By TLC 

The birth of Jessa’s new baby comes less than a month after the Duggar’s Counting On series was canceled by TLC. The network announced on June 29th that no additional seasons will be produced for the series. The cancellation follows Josh Duggar’s most recent scandal.

In April 2021, Josh Duggar was arrested for possession of child pornography, which includes images of minors below the age of 12.

At the time, Josh’s parents Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar said, “The accusations brought against Joshua today are very serious. It is our prayer that the truth, no matter what it is, will come to light and that this will all be resolved in a timely manner.”

Jessa Duggar, along with her husband Ben, also spoke up about the accusations. “We are saddened to hear of the charges against Josh,” the couple writes. They also say that as Christians they stand against any form of pornography or abuse. They also desire the truth, whatever that may be. “Our prayers are with their family as they walk through this difficult time.”

This isn’t the first time that Josh Duggar has been in the news in a negative way. In early 2015, the oldest Duggar son reportedly molested five underage girls when he was younger. It was revealed at the time that two of the girls involved were Jessa and Jill Duggar Dillard. At the time of those accusations, TLC pulled the plug on the family original reality series 19 Kids and Counting.

The network then announced at the end of 2015 that the show’s spin-off Counting On would premiere. The series was mainly focused on Jessa Duggar, Jinger Duggar, and Joy-Anna Duggar and their husbands. 

Josh Duggar’s trial is set to begin on November 30th with a pretrial conference starting on November 18th.

Outsider.com