In a list that showcases talent from all parts of the world and genres, Morgan Wallen finds his song, ‘7 Summer,” among Time’s list of the 2020 greats.
Country artist Morgan Wallen can pat himself on the back after Time magazine named his hit’ 7 Summers’ number seven on the list of the best songs of 2020.
Time didn’t narrow down these songs to a specific category or location in the world. Literally, all songs were in the running. In the Time’s article, it says the top ten “were created in studios from Seoul to Johannesburg, Puerto Rico to Nashville.”
Time’s 10 Best Songs of 2020
The top ten go as follows:
10.”Long Road Home,” by Oneohtrix Point Never- USA.
9. “Uwrongo,” by Prince Kaybee, Shimza, Black Motion, Ami Faku- South Africa.
8. “Back Door,” by Stray Kids- South Korea.
7. “7 Summers,” by Morgan Wallen- USA.
6. “Think About Things,” by Daoi Freyr- Iceland.
5. “Good News,” by Mac Miller- USA.
4. “Little Nokia,” by Bree Runway- United Kingdom.
3. “Yo Perreo Sola” remix, by Bad Bunny, Ivy Queen, and Nesi- Puerto Rico.
2. “WAP,” by Cardi B feat. Megan Thee Stallion- USA.
1. “People I’ve Been Sad,” Christine and the Queens- France.
Morgan Wallen “7 Summers’
Wallen’s nostalgic country hit was released on August 14, 2020, to help boost our otherwise boring quarantine summer. “7 Summers” broke the Apple Music and Spotify record for the most streams in a single day by a country song with over 4.6 million listens on Apple Music alone. In addition, it debuted at number six for the Billboard Hot 100, which made the 27-year-old artist the second solo male country artist to land in the top ten. The song also debuted at number three on the Global Apple Music chart.