Imagine your worst fear coming to life. For an 18-year-old boy in Thailand, that worst fear became a reality. As he sat down for a little me-time on the toilet, a four-foot non-venomous snake bit his penis.
On Tuesday night, in a town outside Bangkok, Thailand, Siraphop Masukarat sat down on the toilet and felt an overwhelming pain. He jumped up from the toilet and ran like his life depended on it. Masukarat pants lay around his ankle, while his manhood lay in the mouth of a serpent.
The snake finally let go, but not before leaving Masukarat with a bloody situation. He said that as the reptile released its jaws, blood started spraying everywhere.
His mother tried to calm the frantic boy before paramedics arrived and took him to the hospital to be treated for the unfortunate wound. He received three stitches on the tip of his penis.
Animal handlers were called to capture the python, which was still in the porcelain throne. The snake was removed and released back into the wild.
Snake Bite Statistics
Snakebites in the United States are very common and are not generally fatal.
According to the World Health Organization, around 4.5 and 5.4 million bites occur each year. It is estimated that approximately 81,000 to 138,000 die annually from snake bites.
In Southeast Asia, about 2,500 people die each year from a snakebite.
Uthorn Wangruamkang, a venom extractor at a snake farm, says that many of the most lethal snake species live in the Bangkok area.
Luckily for Siraphop Masukarat, he didn’t encounter one of these venomous snakes. A snake bite to the genitals as you go about your business in the bathroom would have been an unfortunate way to leave this world.
Always remember to double check the bowl before you sit down.