Unfortunately, Taco Bell will be removing numerous menu items to make way for a newly revamped menu.
An alleged Taco Bell employee made a post via Reddit last week when he or she spilled the beans on what’s to come for the fast-food franchise. Days later, the company released its new menu and confirmed that most of the updates are in fact, true.
What Taco Bell Said
“We’re clearing space on our menu to create a more efficient Taco Bell experience,” the company said in a lengthy statement.
“Beginning August 13, we will be simplifying our menu to streamline operations,” the company further explained. “This evolved menu approach comes after months of analyzing the new way we are running our restaurants. With safety top of mind, we want to ensure an easy and fast ordering experience for our guests and team members.”
Moreover, the company said that while this change will be hard for some, the new simplified menu will “leave room for new fan favorites.” The company also shared its plans to create food for those who eat a plant-based diet in addition to the return of some classic favorites for a limited time.
The Discontinued Items
Below is a list of items that will no longer be available on August 13.
- Grilled Steak Soft Taco
- 7-Layer Burrito
- Quesarito (still available via web/app for order ahead)
- Nachos Supreme
- Beefy Fritos Burrito®
- Spicy Tostada
- Triple Layer Nachos
- Spicy Potato Soft Taco
- Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes
- Loaded Grillers (Cheesy Potato, Beefy Nacho)
- Chips & Dips
- Mini Skillet Bowl
New Taco Bell Updates
- Furthermore, the new $5 Grande Nachos Box will include a layer of tortilla chips packed with a double serving of beef, refried beans, nacho cheese sauce, three-cheese blend, pico de gallo, guacamole and reduced-fat sour cream. Customers will also get a medium drink with a purchase. This offering is available for a limited time only.
- The Beef Burrito is a new permanent addition to our Cravings Value Menu. This item is only $1.
- Additionally, the Quesarito will be removed from the menu in restaurants, you can still order it directly via the website or app.
- Customers can look for the vegetarian symbol on menus to indicate vegetarian products or you can swap out any protein for beans in any menu item.