Firefighter Bravely Saves Woman Trapped in Burning Car on Interstate: VIDEO

by Samantha Whidden
firefighter-bravely-saves-woman-trapped-burning-car-interstate-video

A Chatham, Georgia volunteer firefighter reportedly took action and saved a woman from a burning car last week. The heroic moment was caught on video.

According to 11Alive, a car became engulfed in fire on Truman Parkway in Chatham County last week. The driver was apparently trapped inside while waiting for emergency services to arrive on the scene. Chatham Fire volunteer firefighter Luke Culleny arrived and approached the car. He broke the rear window and pulled the woman to safety. 

The Chatham Fire Department also posted the amazing video and wrote, “Firefighter Culleny approached the flames and broke out the rear window pulling her to safety before an engine arrived. Well done!!”

The incident in Chatham County comes less than a month after a firefighter in Monroe County went to the hospital for nonlife-threatening injuries. The fire was happening at Emergency Services Station 10. The fire department revealed that the station experienced significant damage in a structure fire. 

There was no MCES personnel inside Station 10 at the time of the blaze. But a 2001 freight liner pumper inside the station’s garage has some damage to it. “A 9-1-1 caller reported smoke coming from Station 10 at 11:04 p.m. on Saturday. However, when MCES firefighters arrived at the scene moments later.”

The Monroe County Fire Department also stated that as firefighters attempted to put out the fire, a portion of the Station 10 roof collapsed causing the firefighters to retreat. However, one firefighter, Battalion Chief Clay Walton, injured his knee during the ordeal. “[Walton] was transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

The Georgia state fire marshal’s office is investigating the incident.

Following Devastating Fire Before Christmas, Georgia Firefighters Team Up to Help Eatonton Family 

Just three days before Christmas, a family in Eatonton, Georgia lost everything in a fire that devastated their home. 

According to the Union-Recorder, firefighters put out a fire that destroyed a daube-wide mobile home of a family of 10 people. This included six children. While no injures were reported for the family, all four of their pets perished in the blaze. 

A total of fifteen firefights from the Eatonton Fire Department, as well as Putnam County Rescue, battled the house fire for more than a half-hour before getting it under control. Eatonton Fire Chief Eugene Hubert told the media outlet that he saw the house engulfed in the flames. “I thank God no one was injured as a result of this fire. And I hate that this family lost their fur babies.”

Hubert and the rest of the firefighters came together to help the family by donating clothes, shoes, and other essential items. This includes groceries. “We all pitched in and did what we could for this family. Because we wanted to show them that we all care about them as a community.”

Outsider.com