Gabby Petito Case: Florida Governor Says State’s FWC Committed Over 1000 Hours to Brian Laundrie Search

by Shelby Scott
gabby-petito-case-office-florida-governor-says-state-fwc-committed-1000-hours-brian-laundrie-search

The investigation into Gabby Petito’s death continues, as does the manhunt for the woman’s 23-year-old boyfriend, Brian Laundrie. As such, police departments and the FBI are not the only agencies logging countless hours in the search.

Recent reports state Florida’s Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission committed more than 1000 hours to the Brian Laundrie search. The FWC began the search alongside other law enforcement agencies on Saturday, September 18th in FL’s Carlton Reserve. More recently, search efforts in the vast reserve were “scaled back” several days ago. Since then, the FL FWC concluded their extensive contributions to the Brian Laundrie manhunt for now.

However, in a statement to Fox News, DeSantis Press Secretary Christina Pushaw said the commission’s support personnel remain on standby should law enforcement or the FBI call on them again. She stated, “FWC resources on standby include 16 officers, 16 trucks, 4 UTVs, 3 ATVs, a buggy, and an airboat.”

Dog the Bounty Hunter and Law Enforcement Diverge in Laundrie Manhunt

As news outlets have reported over the last several weeks, Brian Laundrie sightings have been reported all over the country. Several have even come from Canada and Mexico. However, many doubt the 23-year-old fugitive fled the country. Although, the ambiguity surrounding Laundrie’s potential location has search teams across the board looking into various places.

Interestingly, Florida law enforcement and the FBI have maintained their enduring search of the massive Carlton Reserve. We know Brian Laundrie’s parents stated their son had intended to hike the challenging swamp. However, we’ve had no news that law enforcement has found significant evidence pointing to the man’s location there. Regardless, search efforts in the swamplands ensue.

On the other hand, Dog the Bounty Hunter is searching other, more diverse areas outside of the Carlton Reserve. After paying Laundrie’s parents a visit several days ago and meeting silence, the bounty hunter has set up shop in the area. Now, he and his crew focus their attention on Fort De Soto. Reports that the Laundries had camped the particular area before his disappearance has Dog and his dogs searching there.

Brian Laundrie Ignited Cellphone Controversy Weeks Ago

While it may seem like a small thing, the issue of Brian Laundrie’s cellphone (well, cellphones) has caused some discrepancies throughout law enforcement’s investigation.

According to the Laundries’ attorney, Steven Bertolino, Laundrie purchased a new phone and opened a plan with AT&T on September 4th, just three days after his return sans-Gabby Petito. At the time of his disappearance, however, the fugitive reportedly left both his phone and his wallet at his parents’ house. Currently, authorities have the new phone in custody as evidence.

Previously, though, discrepancies arose surrounding the location of Brian Laundrie’s old phone.

As the majority of us know, a bystander called in a domestic dispute surrounding Petito and Laundrie in mid-August. According to the caller, the couple had been fighting over a phone and Laundrie refused to let Petito into their van.

Upon law enforcement’s arrival, the fugitive told officers he did not have a phone. When officers asked the 23-year-old for his phone number a short time later, he conversely whipped his phone out of his pocket.

Outsider.com