The nation has been following each and every step along the way throughout missing hiker Gabby Petito’s case. Authorities found human remains on Sunday in Grand Teton National Park, Petito’s last known location. Authorities believe the remains belonged to the young woman. Although, we still wait for confirmation from the autopsy, seeking completion Tuesday.
However, in the meantime, North Port authorities continue the investigation into Petito’s missing ex-fiancé, Brian Laundrie. Since authorities located the body Sunday, local officers have now declared Laundrie’s home a crime scene. As such, the FBI has most recently towed away Laundrie’s mustang from his place of residence. Presumably, authorities plan to sweep the vehicle for evidence, whatever that may be.
Check out the latest clip, as police tape now surrounds the Laundrie residence.
This is the mustang being towed away from Brian Laundrie’s house. FBI took it away. pic.twitter.com/0q0EyRwMkK— Brian Entin (@BrianEntin) September 20, 2021
Comments surrounding the vehicle’s impound in the clip went unmentioned. However, commenters shared their thoughts and theories regardless.
Angry Americans shared their frustration surrounding Laundrie and his family’s actions throughout the Gabby Petito investigation. As one viewer watched Laundrie’s Mustang towed from his driveway, they further commented, “Now tow the parents away.”
Gabby Petito’s Boyfriend’s Home Now a Crime Scene
Regardless, efforts to locate Laundrie ensue, while the manhunt in the Carlton Reserve of Sarasota Country, Florida has concluded. The massive search turned nothing up surrounding Laundrie or his location. Additionally, since the Laundrie residence has now been declared a crime scene, the potential suspect’s parents have also been removed from the home.
Following the discovery of the human remains thought to be Gabby in Grand Teton, law enforcement has now descended on the Laundrie home in force. Monday morning saw the residence overrun with FBI agents sporting bulletproof vests, an official search warrant in hand.
While Laundrie’s parents have been entirely uncooperative and stonewalled throughout the ongoing Gabby Petito case, reports claim the two apparently complied with law enforcement following their descent on the home.
Reports further claim that Laundrie still remains a person of interest in the case while his disappearance demonstrates further involvement in Petito’s case. Regardless, authorities have moved North Port operations to the Laundrie home. A spokesperson for the FBI stated, “The FBI is executing a court-authorized search warrant today at the Laundrie residence in North Port, FL relevant to Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito case.”
However, unfortunately, we can’t share much more as they further said, “No further details can be provided as this is an active and ongoing crime scene.”
Brian Laundrie’s Sister Speaks Out About Gabby
Laundrie’s disappearance has since become more interesting in the days that authorities have launched a second missing persons investigation. And while the young man’s parents have remained completely silent, Laundrie’s sister has shared her thoughts on the situation.
Nevertheless, she said, “I’ve cooperated every way that I can,” she shared with “Good Morning America.” However, unfortunately for investigators, Cassie has little to provide.
However, she did give insight into the domestic assault call last month. In regards to the couple’s fight, she said, “It looks typical of both of them. Whenever they fight, they would take a little break and come back and be fine.”