Melania Trump Breaks Silence on Report Her Husband Called Dead US Servicemen ‘Suckers’

by Hunter Miller
melania-trump-breaks-silence-report-her-husband-called-dead-us-servicemen-suckers

Melania Trump says her husband, President Donald Trump, never called dead US serviceman “losers” and “suckers,” contrary to recent reports. The First Lady took to social media on Friday evening to address the report published by The Atlantic.

“@TheAtlantic story is not true. It has become a very dangerous time when anonymous sources are believed above all else, & no one knows their motivation,” Melania writes.

Not only does Melania call the reports false, but also she claims The Atlantic published the story for political purposes. “This is not journalism – It is activism,” she writes. “And it is a disservice to the people of our great nation.”

News outlet The Atlantic published the original report earlier this week claiming that President Trump made insulting remarks about deceased soldiers during a visit to the Aisne-Marine American Cemetary near Paris.

The publication claims the President told senior staff members, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.”

Furthermore, The Atlantic claims that President Trump labeled them “suckers” for dying in battle.

President Trump addressed the issue on Friday during an Oval Office meeting at the White House. While meeting with Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic and Kosovar Prime Minister Avdullah Hoti, President Trump vehemently denied the accusations.

“It’s a fake story, and it’s a disgrace that they’re allowed to do it,” the President said. “There’s nobody that considers the military, especially people that have given their lives in the military, to me, they’re heroes. It’s even hard to believe how they could do it … the level of bravery. To me, they are absolute heroes.”

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Slams Reports that President Donald Trump Called US Servicemen ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Melania wasn’t the only person close to President Trump to refute the story published by The Atlantic. Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the former White House Press Secretary, also posted on Twitter about the situation.

“The Atlantic story on @realDonaldTrump is total BS,” Sanders writes. “I was actuall there and one of the people part of the discussion – this never happened. I have sat in the room when our President called family members after their sons were killed in action and it was heart-wrenching.”

Also this week, President Trump announced plans to honor two men with highly distinguished awards. Firstly, President Trump awarded Sgt. Major Thomas Payne with the Medal of Honor. Secondly, Trump honored college football coaching legend Lou Holtz with the Medal of Freedom. He shared the decision during a White House briefing on Friday. Learn more here.

[H/T Daily Mail]

Outsider.com