Veteran New Jersey Policeman Gets Emotional Farewell on Last Dispatch

by Amanda Glover

On Sunday (12/26), a New Jersey Veteran received an emotional final sendoff over dispatch.

Police Veteran, Sean Pech, spent 20 years as a New Jersey police officer. His career in law enforcement began at Kean University and the North Arlington Police Department. From 2001 to 2005, Pech served as a police officer at the University. The former EMT and dispatcher graduated from the police academy on December 4th, 2001. In 2020, Pech was promoted to lieutenant in the North Arlington Police Department. He worked 15 years for the police department.

Now, he can proudly say he is a retired officer. He gave a tearful final dispatch before signing off for good.

Even though Pech announced his retirement as he sat in his cruiser for the final time, he remained emotional the entire time. “After a long and dedicated career to law enforcement, public safety, and serving the residents of North Arlington in the state of New Jersey, rising through the ranks to sergeant and then lieutenant, we’d like to congratulate you on your retirement and wish you health and happiness and good luck in all your future endeavors.”

The recently retired officer’s stepdaughter, Angela Sielski, posted the video of Pech’s farewell dispatch to Facebook. She proudly called the event a “very significant day in the life of my stepfather.”

Pech, however, finished his speech by thanking his coworkers and the community he was sworn to protect.

“It was an honor and pleasure to serve the residents of North Arlington,” Pech said over dispatch on Sunday morning. “I want to thank all my coworkers and my family in the borough for all their support. Thank you.”

We thank Pech for his services and wish him the best in his retirement!

Wisconsin Veteran Police Receives a Hero’s Welcome

We are always thankful for every veteran who works in emergency services. Sometimes, that includes our four-legged heroes.

Earlier this fall, a Washington State police dog earned a hero’s welcome back after getting shot on the job. After making a full recovery and being released from the hospital, K9 partner, Riggs, had a crowd of people waiting to greet and thank him.

That same month, Deputy Terry Tifft was on patrol with Riggs when he responded to a tip-in Chicago about a murder suspect. When Tifft made it to a gas station to confront the suspect, the suspect took off with a gun. Tifft brought the suspect to the ground. But, Riggs took a bullet to the forehead.

After spending a week in the hospital, Riggs made a full recovery. Deputy Tifft was happy to give a speech. “It has been a rough few days. He’s family, he’s always been … He’s a sweet dog, but he did his job, and he saved my life.”