It’s no question John Dutton runs a pretty tight operation on the grounds of Yellowstone, starting from the pilot in season one.
From the start, we knew that our family patriarch was up to no good, but all in the name of family. John Dutton doesn’t have time for horsing around and will take out anyone that stands in his way. Another reason why we love him.
The wild west is nothing compared to the Dutton’s lawless compound. Here we count down some of our beloved cowboy’s best quotes from season one, with some that are as wise as they are clever.
Top Ten Quotes From John Dutton in Season One
1. “This ain’t checkers, son. This is chess, and you’re about to play it with masters. Now, these people, they’re gonna twist you into so many knots, you won’t know where the truth begins, and your future ends.
2. “From my great-great-grandfather, to my wife, and my oldest son, when a tree grows on my ranch, I know exactly what fed it, and that’s the best we can hope for because nothing we do is for today. Last long enough for your children to continue the cycle, and maybe, just maybe, the land is still there when a tree sprouts from you.”
3. “Leverage is knowing if someone had all the money in the world… this is what they’d buy.”
4. “See that fence, that’s mine. That f*cking fence down there, that’s mine too. Everything this side of that mountain, all the way over here, mine too. This is America. We don’t share land here.”
5. “The brand is something you earn, it’s something you live up to. Think you deserved it when I gave it to you? Look at you now.”
6. “When you say no, it must be the death of the question. If there’s even a hint of a maybe, the questions won’t stop until they find something you can’t say no to.”
7. “Good Lord. Even here, the world just keeps on coming.”
8. “Well, that’s the difference between raising a son and a daughter. All you do with a daughter is just try to keep her from getting screwed. All you do with a son is try to keep him from screwing himself.”
9. “To tell you the truth, I don’t regret one sin I’ve committed. It’s the one I’m about to commit that worries me. And it should worry you too, Father, because you’re gonna help me commit it.”
10. “It doesn’t matter how many people sit at the table, honey. What matters is they have a place to sit. The table’s the only thing that matters. I need you to understand that.”
Yellowstone Season Four
Throughout Yellowstone’s three seasons, John Dutton had rolled with the punches, both literally and figuratively. He continues to put his family first for the sake of the ranch, even if it may come off as tough love.
With the cliffhanger that ended season three potential taking out a good portion of the Dutton family, we can only wait to see who has their revenge next.
Who planted the bomb? Who was involved in the drive-by shooting and shooting in Kayce’s office? Do Beth, John, and Kayce pull through? Will any of them live to see season four? Do Rip and Beth get married and finally get the happiness both have been deprived of for so long?
We have so many unanswered questions!
We are taking bets, and thus far, we predict this season will be the juiciest yet. Now we just have to wait until Paramount reveals the release date, but all signs are pointing toward mid or late 2021.
So close, yet so far away. Does anyone have a fast forward button we could borrow?