We put it to the test – and Primos’ SurroundView 270 Hunting Blind is exactly what it promises to be: your new favorite hunting blind.
One of the most frustratingly ironic elements of blind hunting is how blind it can leave you. But what if you could see out every wall, and nearly every inch, of the enclosure? Now we’re talkin’!
Primos has developed an exclusive screen tech that allows for full 270 to 360 degrees viewing from inside your blind – depending on the model you want to go for. How are they accomplishing this for hunters? Each blind is built with “exclusive one-way see-through walls that let you see all of your surroundings without being seen.”
The best part? They actually work. To prove it, Outsider Producer Brandon Chesbro put the Primos Double Bull SurroundView 270 to the test while on a coyote hunt. Even if this bad boy isn’t absolute perfection (what is?), the Surroundview – and 270 model in particular – is a vast improvement over any past hunting blind, period.
Join us as we walk you through the pros & cons of Double Bulls’ incredible SurroundView. From setup and function to portability and overall value, we cover it all. In addition, Brandon explains in-depth why he prefers the 270 SurroundView over the full 360, resulting in a pro-tip sure to help other hunters decide between the two.
Review: Primos Double Bull Surroundview 270 Ground Blind
(hint: we love this blind)
Point blank: this is a hunting blind that delivers on all fronts. “These ground blinds are designed to give you a massive field of view through the walls so you can see game,” Outsider’s Brandon Chesbro starts off. And as you may have guessed, “It’s pretty phenomenal.”
Everything from the absence of Velcro in assembly to the average hunter being able to stand up entirely straight within the blind plays heavily into Brandon’s pro assessment, as well. Within, he puts the SurroundView 270 model to the test for an entire day’s hunt, and as such, gives it an official Outsider ranking – from 1 to 5 stars – in five categories key for every hunter: Function, Quality, Usability, Portability, and Value.
How does it fare in each category? Give the full review a watch below for these reveals and many more:
Details, Details: How Does SurroundView Work?
Now that you’ve seen the review- how exactly does Primos’ latest in hunting blinds work?
According to their house specs, the revolutionary SurroundView 270 is “the Blind Without A Blind Spot”. Constructed with exclusive one-way see-through walls, this hunting blind is the only one that lets you see all of your surroundings without being seen. Each SurroundView blind allows you to “spot all the movement you miss with traditional ground blinds, yet remain just as concealed.”
Without giving the secret away entirely, Primos details that “thousands of very small holes dot the fabric. On the outside, the camo print and natural light force human and animal eyes to focus on the camo, making the holes “invisible.” On the inside the black print and darkened interior allow your eyes to focus through the holes for a clear view of the outside.”
Sounds simple, but most ingenious products are! From there, the SurroundView blind boasts several top-tier features that’ll sell any Outsider on this excellent piece of equipment:
- Power Hub Framework: “Our exclusive Power Hub Framework requires less force and aligns rods perfectly for tighter fabric and easier set up than any other hub hunting blind.”
- 7-Second Set-Up: “Every Double Bull ground blind is built for fast, easy and quiet set up.”
- Roomy Shooting Dimensions: “Bumping the side of your blind can alert game. Primos Double Bull Ground blinds give you ample room for bowhunters and gun hunters so you’re comfortable, silent and steady at the moment of TRUTH.”
- Blind Specific TRUTH Camo: “Primos Exclusive TRUTH Camo contains a mix of shadows and patterns with a depth of field specifically designed for maximum concealment in all ground-level hunting conditions.”
Primos Double Bull SurroundView 270 Hunting Blind – $399.99
The 270 Hunting Blind model sits at $399.99. This may be a hefty bit more than the typical $99 blind at most retailers – but you get what you pay for. This is a product that any sportsman will use time and time again, as well. Seems a small price to pay for such a massive uptick in visibility.
- Dimensions: 55 in x 55 in x 70 in
- Weight: 21 lbs. w/bag
- 7 shoot-through ports
- 3 max-view openings
- 3 one way see through walls
- 1 interior black out wall
- Legendary Double Bull materials and construction
- TRUTH camo specifically designed to hide ground blinds in any terrain
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Patent Pending
- Brush holders line the roof and under the shooting ports for easy addition of sticks, branches, and leaves.
Eager to try the SurroundView Hunting Blinds?
All in all, Outsider Producer Brandon Chesbro says it best: “For the quality – for the way the technology works, being able to see through all the walls – it warrants its price tag.”
For more expert product reviews, tips, tricks, and news, stick with the pros here on Outsider.com.