Jake Paul says he is getting back into the ring – and soon.
The 24-year-old YouTube star, turned boxer plans to fight again on April 10, according to a report from TMZ. His opponent, however, is yet to be announced. Paul made the announcement regarding the fight on Wednesday (Jan. 20) after teasing the announcement via Twitter.
There is speculation that Jake Paul could be fighting UFC superstar Conor McGregor, according to reports. Paul has already challenged McGregor to a fight. Paul has said his team made a $50 million offer to make the fight happen.
“My team sent you a $50 million dollar offer this morning — 50 million dollars cash, proof of funds, the biggest fight offer you’ve ever been offered,” Paul previously said while sitting in his quarter-of-a-million-dollar Lamborghini.
“But, you’re scared to fight me, Conor!” Paul continued. “You’re ducking me because you don’t wanna lose to a f**king YouTuber. You’re 0-1 as a boxer. I’m 2-0 as a boxer.”
On Wednesday, Paul shared a video on Twitter of a banner flying over a Miami beach that had pictures of himself and McGregor. The text on the banner read, “Conor McGregor is scared of Jake Paul.”
Adding to his pressure on McGregor, Paul captioned Wednesday’s tweet with “Damn Conor… the whole world is starting to realize it…” and he tagged McGregor in the post.
UFC President Dana White previously told TMZ that a fight between Paul and McGregor would not happen.
“Conor McGregor is one of the greatest fighters on Earth right now,” White explains in the exclusive interview. “He shouldn’t be fighting kids that have f**king YouTube videos.”
TMZ also reported that Paul has also recently called out fighter Dillon Danis and UFC star Ben Askren among others.
Jake Paul Selling California Mansion
TMZ has also reported that Jake Paul recently put his Calabasas home on the market with a $7 million price tag. The mansion sits on 3.5 acres. It includes eight bedrooms has 15,045 square feet. Also in the opulent home are a spiral staircase, office, theater, gym, wet bar, and a three-story entrance. In addition, there is a pool with two waterfalls. The outdoor space also includes an area for grilling and patios. The home also offers what TMZ describes as “sweeping views of the canyon.”
John Altman and Matt Altman of “Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles” are reportedly handling the sale of the $7 million property. They previously worked with Paul when he bought the mansion in 2017, according to TMZ.
Jake Paul’s time in the home hasn’t always been calm. TMZ previously reported that it was raided by the FBI. Weapons were reportedly seized at the time.
Paul has said he is selling the home and leaving Los Angeles in order to focus on boxing.
“The main reason is that I am stepping into a new chapter of my life where I am a legitimate pro fighter,” Paul said to TMZ. “And being in Los Angeles, there’s so many distractions, so much going on and it doesn’t really allow me to focus on training.”